Thursday, June 4, 2009

Our Yard in Full Bloom

We haven't had to do much for the front. David came out and helped us lay the brick around the flower beds. It made such a difference! I love how my front yard looks! You can't really see all the flowers, but I have quite a few! The pie shaped bed by the driveway is where the girls planted their sweet peas from Grandma. They are already starting to bloom!!

Again, David to the rescue. He came out to visit and before I knew it, the kidney shaped mound of dirt in the center of my yard had disappeared. He and Joe also took about half the grass from our top level and filled in the kidney shape on our bottom level. I make it sound easy, but I know it wasn't!!! So, not only do we have a fully grassed lower level, we have a garden too!!! Joe is the gardener and is really enjoying planting. We have watermelon, pumpkin, jalepeno, onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, corn, beets, peas, peppers etc. We are really praying for the garden.Gardening has never been my thing, but I am definately learning to LOVE it. Luckily I have Amy by my side. She has spent countless hours teaching me about my new hobby. She is a wealth of knowledge. I was just impressed when she knew what was a weed and what wasn't. Then she shocked me even more knowing the actual names of each of the plants, when they bloom AND how big they would get! The lady we bought the house did an amazing job landscaping! I took some close ups of some of the flowers cause I know my pictures don't do my yard justice! These are the flowers next to my shed.The above pic is Gwen's favorite plant in my yard. I found out its called a Lupine. Its definately one of my favorites too!

I love all the different colors!
This view is from my deck off the master bedroom. Next to my shed is an apple tree! We moved in just in time for picking apples last year, so we are so excited to have them again. Time to learn how to make apple pie!!! (hint, hint Tricia)A few pics of some of the flowers on this side of the yard. I am in awe that this is my yard!!!
This is the view from off the kitchen. You can't really see, but its a grove of trees with ivy growing around the base. Our yard has quite a bit of shade for most of the day from these trees. It's our little heaven!

2 comments:

Jamie Sue said...

Okay, I am officially jealous of you! I wanna trade houses and yards (not that I would wish this house and yard on anybody especially you, but I would like to have yours, hehe)!

Joanie said...

What a lovely yard! I'm so glad that you are enjoying your first little home. I love your photos.
Just beautiful. Hug everyone for me.
Love you...